Wilson Botanical Garden - On the Costa Rican Territory
The Wilson Botanical Garden is located in Las Cruces, near San Vito town. It was originally founded by Robert and Catherine Wilson in 1963 but acquired by the OTS (Organization for Tropical Studies) in 1973. Now it is home of Las Cruces Biological Station.
More than 1000 genera of plants distributed in 212 families inhabit these territory. The garden counts with 700 species of palms.