I am assuming this is how to start a new topic? How does one go about adding a new species to the list?
- If you give me the name, I can try to add it for you. Kim 10:33, 1 August 2007 (PDT)
- Hi, I create a new article by searching the title, if it doesn't exists this message will appear:
There is no page titled "W. hirsuta". You can create this page.. You click on the link and start adding info. Then in your new article's discussion page you ask an administrator to put your page on the reference page (which is protected). --Ldgarcia27 14:26, 1 August 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks, Luis, that is good to know. Kim 15:00, 1 August 2007 (PDT)
- Geoff, as Kim and Luis mentioned, there are several ways to start a new species page. Kim is a sysop, so she could do it. If you go the route Luis has suggested, it is very important to remember the exact name of your page. The link that a sysop must create on the ONLINE REFERENCE Page to get to that page, has to be exact. You will find a more detailed explanation in a reply to the email you sent me. Dypsisdean 17:24, 1 August 2007 (PDT)
- Geoff, Starting a new topic on a discussion page is initiated by clicking on the "+" sign next to the edit tab. What you have started here is just an edit of your UserPage, not a new topic on your discussion page. This page is normally reserved for you to put a little info or pic about yourself. After you have read this, I may delete it, find a pic of you, and put my own blurb about you so you will have an official UserPage. At least when you sign your name, it won't be in red anymore. Dypsisdean 17:31, 1 August 2007 (PDT)